Saturday, November 29, 2008

Welcome back

Actually the welcome back is for me! We've been without internet and phone lines again. That sure does make it hard to stay current on a blog. Fortunately the phone technician was out late yesterday and repaired whatever problem they had in the lines in our neighborhood. He never even had to come into the house. For today I thought I'd post a few pictures of our 'missionary' Thanksgiving - one of them today and one of them tomorrow. Then we'll get back to business.

Our first meal on Thanksgiving day was at the Burge home where Betty Poppe had prepared a scrumptious meal of all kinds of favorites. Since the six missionary families present are from all over the States some of us also prepared regional favorites. For example I just had to prepare the cornbread dressing that is traditional in the southeastern US and a pecan pie that is a favorite as well. The sweet potato dish that I usually make has become such a favorite, even with the dominicans, that I also made a dish of those. I wasn't the only one preparing favorites to add to Betty's already plentiful meal either!

Turkey is quite expensive here, and we were all blessed by the friend of Betty and Jerry who provided the two turkeys for our feast.

Enjoy the photos.

Click to play Gobble Gobble
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hey Denise! Sounds like you all had a delicious feast. So sorry I've not posted lately.

Cathy