Saturday, November 8, 2008

What to do with all those Plants

The day after we (I say we loosely since I didn't dig a thing!) dug the plants we made our way to Restoration Ranch to plant them. Since we didn't know when we went to get the plants just what kind of plants we were being given, we also had not decided where to put them. When we are through digging water and sewer lines and the big cement trucks stop marking their path we want to plant some things in front of the building itself to make it even prettier. Since it isn't feasable to do that just yet, with Melynda's help Danny and I decided to beautify areas where we and team members sit and have lunch, rest, or chat. When they had finished planting and watering they wanted more to do so our builder showed us where he needs more cement block, and the group gamely headed off to move cement blocks.
Special note to "Dentist"" I so enjoyed reading your response to yesterday's blog. I knew a little of what you told me, but certainly not all of it. It would be great to be able to respond to you, and if you choose to, you may include an e- address where I can do so. If not, thank you so much for taking the time to fill me in on more ways in which these two men are wonderful heroes.

2 comments:

The Dentist said...

I don't know how to leave an email address without posting it publicly!!! Argh!

What I CAN tell you is that both men are part of an incredible body of Christ called SERVERS. The other missionaries, Jim G., Jim M., Greg and Lora are also extremely Godly and loving people. I am willing to bet when they come next year (and they go to DR annually) if you had a serious To Do list, they would do everything in their powers to get it done for you. No joke.

They are sorely missed at home, though. You cannot have them much longer because we are PINING for them! :) Having known them for a week, you must understand why!

Anonymous said...

Do those guys smell as bad down there as they do up here? They sure LOOK stinky. We knew there must have been a logical reason the firehouse (8 and 31) smelled better this week. LOL!