Thursday, September 10, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

It's hard to believe how long it's been since this site was updated. So much has happened since the last post so I guess I'll just sum up some of what has been going on.

When we returned from the US in May, we came right to work with a fun team from Living Praise in Taylors, S.C. It was an all male team, and we really enjoyed working with them. One of the men, Bob, has a PhD in the study of insects, and we had a blast at the local school near Restoration Ranch. Bob and I faithfully looked up the correct spanish words for the bugs that I was not familiar with. (Okay, Bob did most of the looking up.) That particular labor was not totally successful as the kids and even the teachers looked at me strangely until I actually described the creature. THEN they all told me the local word for it. Who knew we could have so much fun talking about bugs and insects?

The guys put in a lot of hard work in the construction there at Restoration Ranch also. And then they painted the bunk house. They stayed busy - and seemed to like it that way.





No comments: