Thursday, August 7, 2008

Water Mess

I have been told that a blog is a good place to share the high and the low points of all that is going on. Today is a short summary of a frustration I am dealing with today. And believe it or not, the attitude is mostly good in spite of the challenge!

I was gone for a month and followed that up with a team. I've got more work that I can list here. Add to that the fact that many of my electronics aren't working. Someone opened the window above my computer desk which holds the computer, monitor, camara cradle, CDs. etc. This while I was in Bani and wouldn't return for another week. During that time a storm blew up and soaked all of the above. Evidence of the raindrops themselves was more than 4 feet into the room. Last night I discovered that the camara cradle no longer works. I'm sure water shorted it out in some way. I had to load the photos the old fashioned way - memory stick! LOL The bad thing is that the cradle also charges the camara, when it works. I don't even know where the other charger is. Have to go looking today or I won't be able to use my camera my mother so lovingly returned to me after I left it at her house. Today I discovered that many of the CDs had begun to mold where the paper title page in them got wet and stayed moist and hot. On some of them the paper stuck to the CD. Three pictures of my niece, Emily, that I had laying in front of the monitor were soaked and stuck together - non salvagable. I could go on and on, but I'd better stop. It really highly frustrates me. That window is NEVER opened. I knew something had happened when I got home Saturday as all the papers on my desk were strewn all over the floor and out into the hall. The speakers on the computer desk were knocked over and basically the place looked ransacked. Just didn't realize the extent of the water damage at that time.

Ahh, another day in the life......

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Denise so sorry to hear about the water mess. If you don't mind, I would like to list your blog on my side bar. Let me know if that's ok.

Love,
Cathy