Friday, February 20, 2009

That's my barber

One of the more amusing things that happened while the Solid Rock medical group visited us was when one lady stepped off the bus and saw our newest staff member. I think I wrote that Shay, besides being a general fix-it guy, is a master barber. He cut hair for 10 years back in SC. Now he's here at Restoration Ranch, working in both capacities. He is being a great blessing fixing the mountain of things that always need repairs. And when we finally house children he will be their barber.

We never knew Shay in his role as barber, but others did. It was a funny moment for us when this pastor took her first steps from the bus, looked up, and exclaimed, "That's my barber!"

It seems that he had cut her kids' hair for ten years, then they lost track. She didn't know he was here, and he didn't know she was coming. Funny how things work.

1 comment:

Brittany. said...

Great pictures. I really like her expression in the last one. (I was there! :D)