Thursday, February 12, 2009

Two Weeks Gone By

It's hard to believe two weeks have slipped by and I haven't taken the time to update this page. We've actually had a lot happening. I think I'll try to catch you up a little bit today and then go from there. The last post showed pictures from the first day of our two day toy give. I'll include some photos of day two in today's post. Our second day was just as successful as the first day, with one tiny little problem. I managed to fall that morning before we left for the ministry. So many people, not to mention the little children, were depending on me that day that it never occurred to me to not go. We had a wonderful day, and I did my best to coddle my left leg and my right ankle. I didn't even know how to hobble! I just leaned less on whatever was hurting most at the moment. I'm sure that Melynda's prayer for me helped get me through the day. When I didn't seem much better a week later we finally saw a doctor. What a blessing that I had not broken anything. The doctor said I should 'continue' staying off my feet for another couple weeks. He obviously doesn't know me! In case you're wondering, I am doing much better although there is still some stiffness and soreness. That is probably from the heavy bruising, but I'm good to go again. Some of our more exciting news is that we were finally able to get Shay and Gwyn's container out of port. They had basically been camping indoors for the previous two months. I know they were happy to have furniture, towels, books, etc. It took all of us and friends to get their things out of customs. The Burge family went with them to the port several times. We had a friend with 'connections' helping from his end, and then Danny and I spent a couple of full days along with all of the people above. Our reward was not only that the Griffin family finally had their belongings. They had put a new gas clothes dryer on their container for us since our electric one had quit working back in October. After having clothes hanging all over the house for four months I was just about as happy to get their container as they were!


Okay, that's enough for one post. Don't want to make it so long you get tired of reading it! More tomorrow. Seriously, I really will write more for tomorrow.

No comments: