Sunday, February 15, 2009

Women's Retreat

For many years a local missionary family therapist and her psychologist friend have hosted a women's retreat. Having no idea what an excellent spritual treat was in store, I never took the time out of my schedule to spend the weekend with them. This year another missionary friend who has been in the country many more years than we have told me that this is the one retreat she tries to make every year. That was enough for me, and I signed up. Within just a short time one of the leaders called me and asked if I would be willing to lead a small group during the retreat. Of course I was. What a blessing for me to have done so. The schedule was beautifully crafted, designed to provide alone time with God, time with your small group, and time all together in worship. My group was a delight for me, and I realize just what all I've been voluntarily missing all these years! After expressing those sentiments to one of the hosts and offering to help if needed, I now find myself as a general coordinator for next year's retreat. One year to soak it all in was all I got! And I'm already looking forward to next year with all the ladies again.
Click to play Women's Retreat
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: